Tomorrow morning I'll be cramming the items pictured above into a large backpack, and hopping on a plane to Mexico City. In case you're wondering what one might pack for a 30-90 day gallivant, this is what I decided to bring:
- 1 large hiking backpack (I'm not sure the size, but would guess around 60L)
- 1 hoodie
- 1 rain jacket
- toiletries and medicines/vitamins
- 2 pairs of shoes (flip flops & toms)
- small daypack that folds/zips into itself, for easy packing
- assorted chargers, gopro and external mouse
- hammock and straps
- fast-drying travel towel
- 8 pair undies
- 1 pair jeans
- 4 pair shorts (2 casual, 1 swim, 1 athletic)
- 7 shirts (4 t-shirts, 2 collars, 1 tanktop)
- Spanish phrase book
- 1 water bottle
- sunglasses / sight glasses / contacts
Did I miss anything? I guess we'll find out soon enough. When I come back home, I plan to make a "part 2" for this post, so I can write about what I should have packed, and what I should have left behind. Something tells me I'm bringing more than I need, and probably forgetting something that I will wish I had later.
Next update will be from Mexico!
Howdy Planet was created in April, 2017. The name tips its hat to my Texas roots, and is a play off "lonely planet", since I too have a deep desire to explore this beautiful rock that we call home. This site is a place where I can document and share my upcoming travel experiences. It is for the enjoyment and inspiration of others, and for myself, as such memories will undoubtedly fade over the months and years ahead.